BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, December 24, 2004

No Wimps Allowed

So its -8 here or something like that. It's hard to tell because even the Weather Channel isn't showing our temperature. I got this figure off my home page. This would make it the coldest night/morning yet in the Twin Cities and it's brutal. I don't care how many times someone tells me at least I'm prepared for the cold, no one is prepared for this kind of weather. Keep in mind there's a wind chill as well. It could easily be -30 out there once this is factored in.

Of course, I have to go to work today. It's really hard to come up with any enthusiasm at 4am anyway, but when it's this arctic outside, it's pure torture. I maintain that bears have the right idea; hibernate!

Anyway, it's supposed to be in the teens tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that. I don't know which is worse--this brutal cold or the damn snow that's supposed to come with the warmer weather next week. Both suck.

Guess y'all are tired of the MN weather reports, huh? Here it's considered a valid and interesting topic of conversation and is good for at least twenty minutes. :-) What can I say? The weather is so extreme, that it merits discussion. The sad thing is that this is probably the most interesting thing I have to talk about.