BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, January 29, 2005

My Pet Peeve

BTW, the pun in my title is intentional. Feel free to groan at any time. :-)

Yesterday, while I was writing and desperately looking for something I could watch on TV with the sound off, I tried one of the shopping channels. They honest to God were selling DOG CLOTHES! I kid you not. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I absolutely despise it when people dress their dogs up in little outfits. My take on it is that the dogs hate it too and are completely embarrassed to be seen by other dogs. ;-) And it's almost always little dogs that get dressed up. When was the last time you saw an owner put a sequined outfit on a German Shepherd? I don't understand why anyone would want to do this. Gah!

Despite eye strain, a headache and the need to cut and rewrite several times, I made really good progress on the story yesterday. I also discovered there is little doubt that I'm going to run long. Again. Why does it always take me so many pages more to tell a story than other people? I even kept this storyline simple, not like TPOT where I had multiple threads running. It doesn't seem to matter. Unless a miracle happens and some brilliant idea occurs to me, I'm going to go way over again. Of course, I could probably cut out paragraphs here and there in the front end of the story without losing much, but I'll also be adding description and details that I don't have there now. Overall, this will probably add even more pages.

Anyway, I need to reread the chapter I finished yesterday, make sure I didn't go astray in my exhaustion induced delirium. If that's okay, then it's on to the next chapter. I have only the vaguest clue what I want to do here, but then I should be used to that.

MN Weather Report: 28 degrees. Wind Chill: 23 degrees. Coating of snow on the ground when I woke up this morning. :-(