BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

School Is In Session

Yesterday went to show me how much I still had to learn about the publishing business. Not that I ever felt overly confident about my knowledge base. :-)

So what happened? I found out that my title is NOT Crimson Gate. When I received the email from the editorial assistant referring to the book by that name, I figured it was all set and that I just didn't know yet. Not the case. That was the title they were using in-house, but not the for real title. We worked that out in a couple of emails yesterday. So the official REAL title for my Crimson City story is Through a Crimson Veil. I like this much better!

Of course, I've already been using what I thought was my title, so I had to update my website and change my signature line in email. I have a few computers thanks, in part, to my laptop issues and I can only hope I remember to change the sig line on all of them. :-) At least I was only doing this for a couple of weeks. Could have been much worse. :-)

Yesterday ended up being a way cool day! Not only did I get a much better title for my book, I also discovered that The Power of Two was listed as one of the best books of 2004! This site also gave the book a fab review. :-)

I've linked to this site in the title of the blog and in this image, so if you want to check it out, it's just a click away. And if you want to check out the review TPOT received, I'm going to link to that as well. Power of Two review. I'm going to need to add this to my website tonight too. I definitely won't mind the work.

Edited to add: I can't figure out why the image isn't showing up in the blog after it's published when it clearly shows up in the preview. I don't have time to figure it out either, so I'm adding a link here to the best books page. Best Books of 2004.

Here's hoping today goes as fab as yesterday did!

MN Weather Report: 28 degrees. Wind Chill: 18 degrees. Forecast: Temperatures dropping all day. Predicted high for 3pm is 19 degrees (that's without the wind chill.)