BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Snow, Snow, Go Away

I frequently whine about the weather, but then I live in MN and it's January. Need I say more?

So far it hasn't been a horrible winter, but apparently that's about to change. It snowed yesterday--about an inch. It's supposed to snow today--maybe 2 inches. It's supposed to snow tonight--2 to 4 inches. Tomorrow we're rewarded with freezing rain, sleet and snow. Then, to add insult to injury, the temperatures plummet with our longest protracted cold snap since 1997. Friday the high is supposed to be -10. Note the MINUS sign in front of the 10. That's the HIGH temperature. Without wind chill. I feel like running away from home.

I wasted time yesterday updating the pages on my website for Ravyn's Flight. I've been getting lots of email asking where people can find a copy. I used to direct everyone to half.com, but as of last night, they didn't have any copies and the used booksellers on Amazon are gouging, asking for $9.99 and up for the book. So I changed my links on the book from Amazon to a page directing them to Bookstore Junkies, Half or eBay.

While I was at it, I changed the background color on the page which meant I had to create matching graphics and change the scrollbar as well. The bad thing is that I really like playing with the website. A lot. Enough that I can spend hours and hours tinkering and not write. Pretty much what I did yesterday. Although I was kind of stuck and this was a nice excuse not to deal with that. I talked to a friend last night, though, and I think I know what I'm going to do now. I also tweaked chapter 11 so that I could send it and chapter 12 out to my writing buddies. What I really, really need to do is find time to print out what I have and reread the thing in its entirety to see how repetitive I am. And to see what's missing. Add and cut. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm extra tired this morning even though I didn't go to bed all that late. :-( And I have to leave the house early because of the damn snow. All I want is the weather pattern for the entire US to change--is that too much to ask? I don't see any reason why MN shouldn't be warm enough year round for palm trees. Off to work. :-(