BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Write and Cut Redux

Sigh. Here we go again. I'm going to end up cutting pages out of a scene I thought was finished on Tuesday. I read through it and it just bothered me. Something was off, but I couldn't figure out what. It finally came to me last night as I was lying in bed. (I lose more pages in my mind before I fall asleep!) The legend stuff had to go.

It was a good idea when I was trying to think of what I wanted to do in the scene, but it just doesn't fit. It slows everything down and is pointless. I cringe at the thought of cutting more, but sometimes we have to do the painful. Who says authors aren't tough? :-/

More snow yesterday evening and I'm going to have to leave the house early this morning. Again. And we're about to go in the deep freeze with high temperatures that won't go above zero until maybe next week.

MN Weather Report: 21 degrees. Wind Chill: 6 degrees.