BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, February 26, 2005

And So It Goes

So yesterday was my first day back at work after being sick for 3 days. I couldn't believe how much stuff I had piled up, but somehow, I got through it all. I ended up staying a few minutes late, but everything I could do was done. This is good because I did end up taking 2 full weeks off from work. For the next 16 days, I'll get to pretend I'm able to write full time. Damn, I wish I could. It'll be a hell of a lot of work--I know because I went through this with TPOT--but even working 12-16 hours a day writing is more fun than 8 hours at the day job.

I slept really, really late this morning. I guess because I was so tired out from going back to work. But when I get off here, I'm going to shower and start working.

I did some more exploring yesterday online (Too early to sleep, too brain dead to write) and found some really cool research sites. My bookmarks keep growing by leaps and bounds. But I found this site where people create bookmarks online. Then, as someone saves something to their list, the link goes up publicly too. I was totally amazed by how cool some of these sites are! I found a bunch of stuff for web design/creation and really cool dictionaries. Like the one that has swear words in 165 different languages! I could have spent hours on that site looking for more cool links. Unfortunately, while they're broken down by category, they're not sorted and I had to page through them. Also if more than one person bookmarked it, the link is repeated, so it takes time to wade through them. I keep thinking of what other treasures lurk there, but it'll have to wait.

MN Weather Report: 22 degrees. Wind chill: 10 degrees.