BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Oops! I did it Again!

Overslept, that is. The mad scramble to get ready for work's left me feeling discombobulated (I love this word!), but I'm here and I was ontime (whew!) for another day of fun and frolic at NWA. (Sarcasm is very much intentional.)

I was thinking about writing the other day and this blog. How much info should I put in about how the writing is going? There's a quote, something like the layman doesn't want to see how sausage is made or books written, and I can definitely understand that. Writing a book can be an ugly process and each story brings new problems in, so an author is never prepared for what's going to hit them.

For example, my first drafts are normally very close to the final version. Oh, there are always plot holes to plug and description/details to add and plenty of work to be done, but usually what I get when I'm done spewing is pretty much done. But that doesn't seem to be happening this time. It looks like I'm going to have changes that affect story structure, so I'm busting my butt to finish this first draft on my original schedule to give myself time to revise. (See first paragraph about exhaustion/oversleeping). This is a brand new problem for me, one I've never had before, so I've no idea how long it's going to take me to fix it. :-(

Anyway, I have to get to work.

MN Weather Report: 29 degrees. Wind Chill: 21 degrees. Forecast: They claim we may see the sun this afternoon!