BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

RIO Awards

I woke up this morning, logged on to read email and had a GREAT surprise! The Power of Two is a RIO Award of Excellence nominee in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Fiction category!!! Whoo hoo! This did a better job of waking me up today than my jumbo cup of coffee. :-) I can't wait to see who else is nominated--I'm hoping for the rest of the 2176 series as well as some friends of mine in other categories. :-) Totally happy dog dancing this morning!

This thoroughly eclipses my other good news. Last night, I'd been smiling because Amazon notified me that my Boomtown Rats CDs had shipped. "The Fine Art of Surfacing" is one of my all time favorites and I ordered "Mondo Bongo" too. It doesn't sound quite so thrilling this morning. ;-)

It also eclipses my other exciting news--pitchers and catchers have reported for spring training. :-) Yes, I'm a baseball fan and I love writing with a game on television. Winter is so hard because there's nothing to tune into while I write. It has to be something I can follow without sound and that makes it tough. But this is the first sign of spring and now I can't wait till opening day.

MN Weather Report: 16 degrees. Wind Chill: 2 degrees.