BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

3am and All's Well

So here it is, 3am and I'm still awake. I did try to go to bed about 1am and I laid in bed, thinking about the scene I need to rewrite. I figured out what I wanted to do and was ready to start it tomorrow. Only I couldn't sleep. I finally decided to get up about 20 minutes ago and write. What the hell, right? Only now I'm too sleepy to keep my eyes open. Why do I have this feeling that as soon as I boot down the computer, I'll be wide awake again?

I've been trying to look at the red carpet pictures from the Oscars on the official Oscar website, but I can only see a few of the pictures that they say are there. I stop at picture 7, the site said they had 101 photos. It's a bummer because I love looking at the dresses. I had the show on just so I could see the clothes. :-)

I loved Halle Barry's dress, but I've never seen her wear anything that wasn't fabulous. I thought Kate Winslet's dress was simple and elegant and so was the dress Beyonce was wearing. I did not like the dress that Renee Zellweger had on, but one of the absolute worst belonged to Laura Linney. (At least I think that was the one) The dress looked like a finely weaved burlap sack and was about that same color. I don't know what she was thinking. But of course, that's half the fun of the Oscars, asking, "what was she thinking?" :-)

I think I'm going to try to sleep. Maybe my demon children are done playing for the night.

Please forgive any mistakes in my typing.

MN Weather Report: 12 degrees. Wind Chill: 0 degrees.