BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Disjointed Tuesday

No real theme today, although some may question if I ever have a theme. :-)

Spring arrived in MN yesterday. I was able to walk out of the office without a jacket on and I rolled down the windows of the SUV, turned the radio up a little louder than usual and just enjoyed. There's nothing like the first warm (60 degrees) day after a long, cold winter.

Discovered a new blog yesterday that I found vastly amusing. Overheard in New York. It's on my list of blogs in the links in the right-hand column. Some of it's funny, some of it makes you shake your head, but it's an entertaining enough way to kill a few minutes.

Yesterday at work, we had some pictures forwarded of an airplane from another airline--one of the discounters--and the thing had been pummeled by hail. The radome (nose of the plane) looked like Swiss cheese--really holey Swiss cheese. But the radome is particularly flimsy, so this is no huge shock, but visually, the most compelling image. There were also huge dents in the plane's fuselage, some bad enough to rip the aircraft's skin open. And the co-pilot's side of the windshield must have taken a direct hit, although the hail didn't go completely through. Sometimes we get interesting info at work and this falls under that heading.

I read through the prologue and first chapter of my RS proposal. I like how they read, but the second and third chapters need work. (I know this from an earlier read through.) I'm debating entering a contest that accepts pubbed writers in order to get some feedback on it. I don't know if I want to go through the expense and hassle of it all, but on the other hand, I could use some thoughts on it from people who don't know and like me. I think what it boils down to is that while I have some confidence in my paranormal/futuristic writing, I don't have this kind of confidence in my ability to write RS. I guess I'll see how I feel when it actually comes to printing and mailing whether or not I decide to enter.

Played with the website a little yesterday--just on a test page, nothing I uploaded. I found some cool JavaScript code for a rollover menu that I wanted to test out and see if I could adjust it enough to be able to use it. Turned out to be time consuming, but I made it look almost cool, although it needs a little work yet. I'm not sure, though, whether or not to make the shift on my actual website. Maybe I'll keep tinkering and see how it pans out.

And finally, on the subject of websites, found the coolest site for page colors. You enter the base color and the site gives nine other colors that match/coordinate with the color you're using! Way faster than what I usually do--which is open my graphics program, choose the base color, then click around in the color swath till I find something that coordinates. :-)

Now that I've bored everyone comatose...

MN Weather Report: 50 degrees. Whoo hooo!!!!