BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, March 26, 2005

It's the Simple Things

I meant to get a much earlier start on things today. I have plans! However, as you can see from the time of this post, I didn't get very far yet this morning. It was such a simple little thing that totally hosed me up. Renewing my virus update subscription.

I've done this many times in the past. I'm religious about keeping my software up-to-date, I have to be since my babies are on the computer. :-) So I scooted over to the site to renew. It told you how to find your product name. Check. So I selected my product, renewed and waited for my confirmation email. Only the program refused to acknowledge my renewal key as valid. After poking around for a while, I discovered that the program name on my interface window and the program name in the "about" section are different. I don't have Anti-Virus, I have Internet Security. Sigh. I emailed the company, now I'll wait for how to change from the one renewal to the other. But this was time consuming and took care of my quick start to the day.

Also received my first really bizarre email yesterday. Some guy is apparently going through the Dorchester authors and emailing them for a picture. =8-O A few other writers on our loop have mentioned getting the identical thing and this kind of prepared me when I saw the note. I screen all my email, though, to guard against spam, viruses, and strange things like this note, so when I previewed his message, I knew this was something I didn't want to download. But how weird is this? Guess it must be my week to deal with the odd.

This may not be my time to go to the movies and I was so determined to break my stretch of non-movie going. But again, there is nothing out this week that caught my eye as something I want to invest two hours of my life watching. I did catch "Clueless" last night on Bravo. I liked that movie a lot the first time I saw it, but this time, I found myself flipping away over and over. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

MN Weather Report: 43 degrees. Wind Chill: 35 degrees.