BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Climbing the Walls

Okay, so I'm still waiting for my revisions to TACV. You're probably asking yourself, why does she want them so badly? I want them because I have a general idea of the production schedule in my head, and if I don't get them soon, I'm going to have next to NO time to make changes. While I'm perfectly willing to drop household chores, I can't burn any more vacation on this book--not when I already took 2 weeks off from the day job to finish it.

I'm also antsy because there are changes I want to make--three or four different things. But I seriously do not want to reread and play with this story until I have my revision letter from the editor. It's not time efficient to redo the same scene multiple times because I became impatient. Especially if something he points out changes my perspective of a scene, then the work I did could have been for nothing. But I'm looking at the calendar, and I have a good idea of when the book needs to be typeset. I'm about to start hyperventilating. =8-O

And to add to my stress, the RT conference is this week and I know said editor is attending even if I'm not, which means if I don't get revisions today, I probably won't this week. This realization had me counting days on the calendar again, and reaching the point of near freak out. Breathe in, breathe out. Slowly. Breathe in, breathe out. GAH!

MN Weather Report: 41 degrees. Wind Chill: 35 degrees.