BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Weekend WOW!

Last night the phone rang. It was the contest coordinator for the PRISM Awards. (This award is a huge deal in the world of Futuristic, Fantasy and Paranormal.) She was calling to tell me that The Power of Two is a finalist for Best Futuristic!!!!!

I can't even find words to say how thrilled I am by this! As exhausted as I was last night, I was too excited to sleep for hours after getting the call. The first thing I did was run around online telling people about this. The second thing I did was update my website. Then I went back to sharing the news online. :-) What can I say? This is hugely exciting and a fabulous honor! I'm beyond elated that the first round judges loved Jake and Cai.

In honor of my final, I got up early this morning and went to Target. I needed socks and bubble wrap to mail more copies of TPOT in for the final round of judging. Yes, my life is truly glamorous and exciting. ;-)

MN Weather Report: 52 degrees with rain.