BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, May 16, 2005

Harlequin and Silhouette News

I wasn't going to post anything since I heard about this from a friend, but since it's being discussed all over the place and on other blogs, I feel I can mention it without betraying a confidence.

Word came down today that Harlequin/Silhouette is discontinuing their sweet romance lines. Harlequin Romance and Silhouette Romance will end Sept 2006. The two lines will be replaced by one, new sweet romance line, edited out of London.

I'm still trying to figure this one out--why not simply discontinue one of the sweet lines and leave the other one since that is--in essence--what is being done anyway. My guess is that H/S is looking for a new image for the Harlequin Romance line, but that's only my guess. I have no intel on this aspect.