BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Saturday Update

The book signing was a lot of fun! I'm always so nervous about doing them and worried I'll come across as idiotic, but I think I mostly did okay. Once some of my nerves settled down. It really helped that everyone at the bookstore, and the other two authors I was signing with, were so exceptionally nice.

I was on time and I only got a little lost. Usually I wind up really lost, but managed to find the street I needed to be on, turned the wrong way, realized it, and straightened myself out. Actually, the store was really easy to find, I just drove right past without realizing it. But I safely and punctually arrived and got myself settled in. One of the things that registered through my anxiety was how much effort the owner had gone to in order to make our signing an event. That was so fab!

My most memorable moment of the signing: A woman was in town from California, heard I was going to be there (me! wow!) and brought in her copy of Ravyn's Flight for me to sign. How cool is that?

We were also interviewed for a cable TV show, public access. This is where I think I probably managed to sound the most stupid, but I console myself with the fact that it's showing in the Northwestern suburbs and not in my area of town. If I flipped through the channels and heard myself sounding like a moron, I'd freak.

On the revision front, I was up at 3:50 a.m. Saturday to start working. Gah! I have so much left to do! By the time I got home yesterday afternoon, I was so tired. But I took a short nap and went back to work on TACV. I finished the major work on chapter 15, although it took me the rest of the day. I need to reread it and see how it turned out. I'm wondering whether or not I should cut it. :-( There's a section in that chapter that I really like, but if the rest of the chapter is bogging down the story, I might need to get rid of the whole thing. I still don't know what to do.

I hoped to get up at 4am again today, and I did wake up, but since I didn't fall asleep last night until after midnight, I rolled over and went back to sleep. I'm still exhausted, but hoping the coffee and vitamins kick in soon. I have so much to do!

MN Weather Report: 52 degrees.