BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer Solstice or So Long Daylight

Summer Solstice is my second least favorite day of the year. The only day I dislike more is the Autumnal Equinox, and since I whine about the weather all winter, y'all can guess why. Summer Solstice makes my list because it signals the end of summer. Yes, it's true. As far as I'm concerned summer ends on June 21st. :-)

It's not a totally irrational belief. Before Summer Solstice, the days keep getting longer. After Solstice, the days get shorter again. And each day that the sun sets earlier signals that we're one step closer to winter.

So on that cheery note, how about a Summer Solstice Quiz?

My score on the quiz:

Good Day, Sunshine! The Summer Solstice Quiz

You scored 80 out of a possible 100 points.

How bright are you? Compare your score to the ranges below.

  • 0-20:Candle.
  • 40-60:Halogen lamp.
  • 80-100:The sun!

  • I made a stupid boo boo. :-(

    Happy Summer Solstice!

    MN Weather Report: 66 degrees