BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Today Is Writing Day

I finished reading through everything I've already written for the WIP late last night. For me late is around 10pm. :-) I was lying on my bed, laptop propped up on my knees when I finished, but I did make it through all 127 pages. I have a general idea how I want to end this chapter, so now it's just a matter of getting there. I also have a target date that I want to finish this story by, and I need to work out a schedule to meet this self-imposed, early deadline. I'm shooting for 2 months before the actual, for-real deadline. We'll see if I can do it. I was struggling to get my head out my demons when last I worked on the WIP.

There was an article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune yesterday about the use of smilies. Seeing my little emoticon in the paragraph above made me think of it. First, let me say that I find it difficult to believe that anyone cares enough about smilies to get bent out of shape about others using them, but apparently there are. :-/ I probably use more emoticons than I should, but I can assure you that I most certainly do not dot the i in my name with a smiley face or a heart or any other character. I tend to agree with the woman who commented that the emoticons are a good way to get tone across since online communication lacks body language cues.

I'm very tired today and I have a headache. The hot, humid weather has been making my sinuses unhappy, and in turn, they're making me unhappy. Only in Minnesota can you go from 50 and rain to 90 and sticky in a matter of days. :-( And since I don't have air conditioning, I really am affected by it.

MN Weather Report: A sticky 69 degrees on our way to a sticky 91 degrees.