BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The White Rabbit

I feel like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, you know, the one who's running around saying, "I'm late, I'm late." My problem isn't so much tardiness as just being behind. I have emails stacked up that I need to answer, regular mail piled up that I need to deal with, bookmarks to mail out, and assorted other tasks. I just don't have energy to do any of them. :-( I tend to blame the heat/humidity--or I'd like to anyway--but that wouldn't quite be accurate since this started before then. Maybe it's because I've been so busy at work in addition to busy at home. Shrug.

Anyway, I looked at the calendar this morning and almost shrieked. Why does July 4th seem such a long way off? The long weekend is this weekend! =8-O ARGH!!! I thought I had plenty of time to get through my galleys, but figuring out just how close July was, shook that out of me.

Then there's the RWA conference. Gah! I always have fun once I'm there, and I'm never sorry I went, but getting ready is a PITA. All the damn shopping. Sigh. I despise shopping, but RWA requires new clothes/shoes every year. The only plus is that this time I don't have to worry about flights to Reno and back. I've got confirmed space tickets. They're in coach (Wah!!!!!!), but at least I'll get there and back without having to stay extra days or worry about being bumped.

The highlight of my day yesterday? I ordered note cards with my name on them! :-) I've heard again and again that good stationery is a must. I went looking for nice paper, couldn't find anything that wasn't totally blah, but did find some cute notecards. Since I despise shopping, I went looking online and found these Millennium Cards. There were other style cards I really liked and I had to narrow it down, but these ended up winning.

MN Weather Report: 69 degrees. Still humid.