BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, July 08, 2005

You Know It's a Bad Day When...

Yesterday was not a good day for the world. The bombings in London, the hurricane in the Caribbean. Mother Nature is understandable, there have always been forces of nature at work, but man's inhumanity to man isn't comprehensible to me. How can anyone participate in such destruction? Such slaughter? Why can't people respect each other? We don't have to agree, we just have to say that it's okay not to think alike.

I could go on about this at some length, but I won't because there are no answers. I'll just offer my prayers to the people of London and those who are dealing with the hurricane.

The best part of my day yesterday was the magazines in the doctor's office. That tells you what a bad day it was. I started out with some entertainment magazine. I'm thinking it was Entertainment Weekly, but the full name of the magazine wasn't on the cover. Just "Entertainment ly." The highlight? It was talking about the Grammy awards. Hmm. I looked at the date. Feb 2005. Okay. A little old.

The next magazine on the stack was Vanity Fair with Ben Affleck on the cover. The headline was something about his romance with Gwenyth Paltrow. Another hmm. Granted, I don't follow celebrities much, but I thought he'd married someone else recently and I know she had a baby with someone else. I looked at the date on this magazine. 1999.

I decided to go with the February 2005 entertainment magazine, but it was thin and there wasn't much that interested me there. And it was a long wait.

I also ended up with a big boot for my foot instead of the shoe. The doctor said it would protect my foot better. So far, it's only made my foot hurt worse. :-( It's also going to be hotter and humid as hell here starting today. Sigh. I'm still bummed about needing surgery. Do y'all think that other doctor lied to me when I asked her about surgery? Or do you think she misunderstood the orthopedist when they talked on the phone? I was pretty much counting on her answer. :-(

MN Weather Report: 70 degrees. Starting to get humid.