BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What's Up?

So I logged on to BN.com last night and was shocked to see my ranking below 1000. It had been 10,000 something or other when I'd checked yesterday morning. What's up with this? Since the site doesn't show my book shipping yet, I can only conclude that some stores must have it and are selling it. Either that, or everyone is rushing BN.com and I doubt it. Now I can obsess about this.

Recently, I had an email from a reader asking me when I was going to write another book like Ravyn's Flight. At the time, I answered by mentioning Temple of Dreams, but since then I've been thinking. What did she mean by another book like RF? I thought Power of Two would fall into that category. Futuristic, action, adventure, danger, romance, alpha hero with baggage, alpha heroine who has to work through some issues. So I've been wondering about this and turning it over in my brain. I still can't figure it out. If I'd thought about it at the time, I guess I could have asked, but I didn't.

And continuing the What's Up theme, I go to the doctor this afternoon. I'm very worried about what the X-ray is going to show. I'm trying not to think about it, but it's hard not to. I seriously do not have time to have any kind of set back, let alone a major one. I'm attending an all-day workshop on Saturday, doing a book signing on Saturday evening (check out My Website for details), and I'm signing books at the Midwest Booksellers Association Tradeshow on Sunday. I have to be able to walk.

MN Weather Report: 66 degrees.