BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Done Reading

I finished reading through Eternal Nights yesterday. It was slow going. I swore I wasn't going to fix anything, just read, but of course, that didn't happen. I was constantly fiddling with stuff. Overall, the story seems pretty solid. There are things to be fixed, of course--I made a list--but in the big scheme of things, I think the structure is solid. That means medium and small fixes. Story structure fixes are enormous, so I'm happy not to see one of those. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that my writing buddy doesn't find any. :-)

Of course, with the reading done, now the real work begins. Revising. Sigh. How I wish I could write a perfect first draft! That's never going to happen, I know it, but a girl can dream, can't she?

The sheet rock guys came yesterday and had everything done by late in the evening. I should go over and take a look today--the report is from my dad--but I don't feel like it. I think I'll just stay in and work on the revisions.

I can't believe the 4 day weekend is over already--or nearly over--and it's back to work tomorrow. And back to Loud Vendor Guy! GAH!