BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, November 25, 2005

Procrastinating

This morning I was up at 8am. I still haven't done anything yet. Well, nothing productive. I have looked at printers. First, Epson Ink Jets because they have separate color cartridges and I'm so tired of replacing the whole color cartridge when one color runs out. Plus, I hate my printer. But none of the Epsons had stellar reviews at CNet, so I moved on to HP. My first printer was an HP and that thing was a work horse. For 8 or 9 years, I never had a lick of trouble. Of course, the printer I have now and totally hate is also an HP. I decided, though, to look at laser printers. Color laser printers. I found one I really like. The price is a bit squirmy, but my department paid about that much money for just a regular black ink HP laser printer. But I can't find a single review for the thing. Before I consider whether or not I'm actually going to spend that kind of money, I want some darn reviews!

Anyway, back to procrastination. I think I'm in no hurry because I don't want to see all the things I'm going to have to fix on revision. :-( I keep telling myself that this is just a read through, I don't have to fix anything now. I just have to make notes on issues I need to address, and write down the timeline. I'm still fighting to work up any interest.

Thanksgiving was quiet. I watched the original "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. I adore that movie, and won't bother to see the remake because remakes are never as good as the movie they're trying to improve on.

They're supposed to be putting up the sheet rock at the house today. That'll be cool once the official walls are up. I still need to find time to get out to the back of beyond and the flooring/countertop store. Soon. Yikes! Also, I heard they're supposed to put the siding up next week. It's supposed to be snowy/rainy/slushy most of next week so it'll be interesting to see if they really do anything with that.