BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, November 14, 2005

Zip, Nada, Zilch, Zero, None

And it that were the answer on "Jeopardy," the question would be: How much sleep did Patti get last night?

I hate Sunday nights. I especially hate Sunday nights when I toss and turn for hours. I literally did not sleep. And it wasn't like I was worrying about anything, although I did have story fragments--that I won't use--going through my mind.

So what do I have to do today on no sleep? Well, it would be bad enough it I had to sit at work all day like this, but I've done that before. I'm not this lucky today. I have a schedule chock full of fun events. First, I have to drive all the way out to Andover, MN which is like forever away from everywhere and meet with the cabinet guru. He only works 6 to 3, and since I work 6-2:30, I get to waste half a day of vacation to go out and meet with him. And make decisions on cabinets on zero sleep.

Then, I get to go to work for half a day. Oh, joy.

Third item on the agenda is getting gas because it's supposed to SNOW tomorrow--4-6 inches. I truly live in hell.

Finally, I get to go out and pick out the appliances that I was supposed to pick out on Friday, but couldn't because I was sick. More decisions on zero sleep.

Edited to add: People keep asking me, aren't you excited? Because I'm making choices for the house. And I'm telling them, No, I have too much to do, I don't have time for this. But of course, I have to make the time. I'd be much more excited if I could afford the time.

After all this, I get to come home. At last. Do you think I'll get any writing done today? I don't and I'm pretty sure I'm going to 22 chapters. Sigh.