BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!

Happy New Year!

I actually made it to midnight, the first time in ages that I managed that. Of course, it helped that I slept about 12 hours Friday night. :-) I spent a quiet evening with my parents, and I think my dad and I were successful in keeping my mom's mind off the loss of her sister. We played Life--four times--because we couldn't find my other old games like Clue, or Happiness, or Payday or The Inventors or Risk. Not that I wanted to play Risk, but it was just odd the way all my games disappeared like that.

We also watched That Darn Cat. The original version with Hayley Mills. Not that we saw a lot of it. It's been so long since any of us played Life, that we were constantly reading and rereading the instructions. :-)

I received my Christmas CDs on Friday. Doris Day, Andy Williams and Steve Lawrence and Edye Gorme. I haven't had time to listen to them yet, but I'm going to try to find time this weekend to rip them to my MP3 player and listen while I'm working. I know Christmas is over, but I wasn't paying for shipping. :-) Especially after paying $10 to ship the Robert Goulet CD. I'm still shuddering over that one. I just have a few more songs from my childhood Christmas to hunt down, but I might wait till next season.

Today, I think, is going to be a nice, lazy day. Maybe I'll even read a book. =8-O It's been a long, long time since I've done that.

Happy 2006, everyone! This year is going to rock, I totally know it!