BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Imprisoned

Locking myself in my new house with no distractions around was a good idea. I accomplished more in four hours yesterday than I had previously. I was antsy, though, and because the chair I hauled over there was uncomfortable, I was up a lot and walking around. There just wasn't anything to keep myself occupied with except writing.

I did find out a few things about the house that I hadn't realized before. First, there is no switch for the interior garage lights inside the garage. The only switch is in my laundry room. This is not convenient since I have to use my keys to lock the door from inside the garage.

Second, I discovered that there's a switch in the kitchen that I can't figure out. I flipped it, and my dishwasher lit up. That doesn't make sense that the power to the dishwasher is controlled by a light switch, so I'm still scratching my head over that one.

And I woke up this morning with the theme song to Hong Kong Phooey running through my head. This is a cartoon where a dog is a super hero who's called Hong Kong Phooey, but it's really the sidekick cat that handles everything. The dog is more like Maxwell Smart of "Get Smart." I have no clue where this came from since I haven't seen Hong Kong Phooey in years!