BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Patience

Today they are supposed to be delivering my dining room chairs. Not the table--that's still somewhere in Asia. I've found this whole purchase to be hugely frustrating and next time I buy furniture, I'll make sure they can deliver it the same week I buy it. I ordered the table in January. Sigh. I was fine with a Feb 12th delivery date, but now that we're creeping close to April, this has gotten old.

I wanted to watch the baseball game last night between Japan and Cuba, but it was already starting late (8pm) and then it was delayed by some silly basketball game. It's true, I don't like basketball. I find it about as exciting as say--golf or car racing. In other words, right up there with paint drying. So since I was exhausted, I went to bed. Believe it or not, I actually had close to 8 hours of sleep last night! =8-O Since I still feel tired and didn't want to wake up, I'm guessing I could have used more.

And this morning, when I was trying to find a score to the baseball game, I found that ESPN 2 was replaying the highlights. They were in the 9th inning when I flipped over, but I was able to see that Japan won. That's the team I wanted to win.

As you might have guessed, nothing of interest happened yesterday. The Vernal Equinox is one of my favorite days, though. For the next three months, every day will have more sunlight and less night! Yea! For me, this is the official signal that winter (aka hell on Earth) will be ending soon.