BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, April 03, 2006

After the Book: The Power of Two

Since I couldn't think up anything to rattle on about this morning, I thought I'd continue the after the book thing today.

After the close of The Power of Two

I didn't get as much about Jake and Cai as I normally get about characters after their book ended. I'm not sure why, unless it's because Ryne (the heroine from my current WIP) roared in then and wanted her story told, but I do know a few things.

Cai's father warmed up to Jake fairly quickly, but her mother didn't. In fact, it took quite some time for Jake to win his mother-in-law over.

Cai and Jake waited a long time to start a family, like 7 or 8 years, my guess is because Cai was so young, but they didn't tell me that. Their first baby is a girl and she wrapped her daddy around her little finger immediately. Actually, it was really sweet to see this big, tough commando all mushy about his daughter. :-)

I actually know more about Gnat after the close of TPOT. He talked to me for the entire drive down to Chicago when I attended Celebrate Romance that year, 2004--I think.