BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Life Moves Pretty Fast

I can't remember the full quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, but that's good enough.

The driveway is in and I'm not allowed to drive on it until at least Monday. Because of the time of the year and the way it's drying or something. The sidewalk to the front is in too as well as a slab outside the garage door. That means the only way to get in and out of the house is to climb up the side of the front porch. That's pretty damn high too. Sigh. They're supposed to come and grade the yard next week which then leads to putting down sod and all that other fun stuff. My dad will be bugging me to get going on that.

We've had some visitors to the Crimson City blog come in on some really interesting search parameters. Interesting to me at least. One of them was Mahsei, the name of Mika's demon branch, and another was Crimson Jim, the name of a nightclub in Through a Crimson Veil. And that name was totally an inside joke. The search I found kind of funny was the one for whiner dog. That's something that developed solely on the blog.

Did anyone read Dilbert today? It made me think of the Raft Cities from the 2176 series, and specifically, The Power of Two. Dogbert wants to build a floating city on the ocean. Another one of those interesting things because I was just thinking about Jake and Cai the other day.

I wonder if other writers do this? Think about characters from past books. Not in a craft kind of way or as a book, but actually think about the characters. Jake and Cai were just so sweet together. He was so gruff, but with her, he was just...well...sweet. :-) If I had time, I'd probably do a quick revisit with them, but I don't--too much to do.

In other news, the shoes I ordered arrived and I think I'm going to keep both of them. I was hoping just one pair would work, but both seem to be okay. Those of you who've been around for a while will remember that I had surgery on my foot last summer. (Or maybe not since it's not that interesting, but I whined about it often.) Anyhow, my foot healed flatter than it used to be and I can't wear any shoes that have arch support now--not even just a tiny bit. This has wiped out about 75% of my shoe wardrobe and almost all of my casual stuff which had become mostly Birkenstock. I gotta tell you, the idea of not being able to wear so many great shoes broke my heart.

I think that's it for today.