BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Saturday Roundup

Ryne and Deke finally had sex on Thursday. It took me like 8 hours to write those 14 or so pages, but then the choreography combined with emotion is always time consuming for me to write. I think the scene turned out well and now that's over and done with at least until maybe nearer the end of the book.

Despite my late start yesterday, I managed to get 13 pages written before I stopped about 9pm. That actually ended up being a good thing because before I fell asleep, I realized that I'd had Deke saying something he would no longer tell Ryne. I want that information to come across, but I think I came up with an alternate way that won't compromise character.

The curtains I ordered finally arrived yesterday. I was all excited until I opened the bag and saw the color "antique" actually was. It's this brownish-gold color. :-( The picture online made it look off-white. That's what I need, not gold. I don't know what exactly to call the color I want. Ecru? Ivory? Cream? Anyway, this was a huge disappointment and it looks like I'm back at the drawing board.

I finally had a chance to watch a baseball game, but only because the Braves were (SHOCK!) on TBS and playing at 9pm. Of course, they squandered a 5 run lead and were doing their best to lose the rest of the night. I went to bed after the top of the 9th inning with Atlanta ahead 9-8 only to discover they lost it in the bottom half of the inning. Good grief! The only one of my teams that won yesterday was the Twins.

I'm horribly backed up on email right now. I'm trying not to answer anything before I write for the day, but by the time I'm done writing, the last thing I want to do is answer email. Sigh. I also have to get my stuff together for an ad and mail out some advanced reading copies of Eternal Nights.