BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Slow Blogger

This is going to be a really short post. It took Blogger so long to pull up the create a post page that I don't have much time before I have to get ready for work. Of course, part of the issue might be that I have dial up. Sigh.

Yesterday, I let everyone who needed to know that I wouldn't be attending the RT Convention in Daytona after all. I was actually looking forward to getting away for a while and the hotel looked spectacular! But I would lose too much writing time and I have too much left to do. Sigh. I was hugely stressed out about this, and while I'm disappointed not to be going, I also feel relieved because I'll have more time. I've still got vacation scheduled from the day job and I'm going to take it, lock myself in and just write. I can't wait until I've got my projects turned in and I can take some time off to just relax for a while.

Since I'm talking writing, I redid the second scene that gave me such trouble on Sunday. I think it's stronger now and that I resolved the issues. I also sat down and made a list of things that still needed to occur in the WIP, and surprisingly, it was 3 pages long. Yikes! Then I did goals for the next chapter, but I need to find some daydreaming time because I'm not sure how I want to approach it yet.

They graded my yard yesterday. It looked really good when they finished, but a couple of hours later, it just poured. Hope it's going to be okay till the sod is in.