BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Two For Two

Overslept again this morning. I did the same thing yesterday and by the same amount.

I'm still taking half days off from work this week, although yesterday was not a hugely productive day as far as writing the novella went. I did read through the emails I have and make notes. I divided the info up into a page for my heroine, one for my hero, one for the bad guy, one of questions for my editor and another for plot stuff. Then I tried to write a synopsis and realized that while I have the background information, I don't really know what's going to happen in the story. So I did some brainstorming, made a few notes and then thought I can either write a synopsis or the story, let's get to the story. :-)

I'm having a hard time hearing these new characters, though. The old ones are still more real to me, but then I've never had to switch gears on the fly like this before either. I made a few decisions about the opening, so at least I figured out what I'm not going to do.

I also spent some time catching up on must-answer emails. I'd fallen way behind and it was starting to really weigh on me. Taking care of some of those really helped and so did getting my ad material ready to send off today. Now the only pressing thing left on my schedule is the writing. Let's just hope it stays that way.