BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Duking It Out

The plan yesterday was to finish chapter 7. I thought I'd done it, then I looked at what I had and realized the last 2 pages totally sucked. I cut them. Then I kind of looked at the fight scene as a whole and realized the entire thing was lame--maybe the worst fight scene I've ever written. I've decided it's because I'm mentally exhausted. I've been going at a sprinter's pace through a 40 km run.

I thought about going on ahead to the next chapter and coming back to the fight scene, but decided against it for two reasons. 1. The mental exhaustion isn't going to get any better. 2. I need to know what happens at the end of 7 before I can figure out what happens at the start of 8. It's very frustrating, and of course, I can't afford to take a whole day off to just veg, not right now, even though that's probably what I need most.

Wow, I really have nothing else to say. This is really unusual for me. :-) Guess I'll go do something to help that lame fight scene.