BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, June 25, 2006

On and On

Revision work continues. I made some really good progress yesterday, but I'll probably have to go back and rework part of this one scene again. I can't get it to come out the way I want it, but I figured I'd keep going and come back to it again later. I also have the worst fight scene I've ever written ahead of me and that will probably take a full day's worth of work all on its own. Then there's the scene I think I'm going to add toward the end, so lots of work left to do.

Last night, after I was done revising for the day, I updated my website. Check out the review quotes for Eternal Nights at Patti O'Shea.com

The guy who's supposed to build the deck said he'd be here today (not Saturday), and even thought it's after 9:30, he's still not here. Good grief.

And in the good grief category, I look out my bedroom window yesterday and there's hedge clippings in the back of my yard. Can you believe my neighbors tossed their crap in my yard??? What a pair of jerks. These are the same neighbors who said they didn't want to see any parties at my house. Who the hell are these people? They're not living next to an empty lot anymore so they better adjust and get over it.

For the geeks, WordPerfect has a macro to save the file to the A drive at the same time it's saved to the C drive. This is a really cool feature except that I do not have an A drive. Do any computers still come with a floppy? My jump drive plugs into the USB ports and gets a drive letter based on which port I use so I rewrote the macro. Now it saves to my G drive and my C drive simultaneously. I've never worked a whole lot with macros or writing scripts, but this was painless since I took what they did and fixed it. :-)

I think that's it for today. I need to get to work.