BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Sleep!

After I posted my blog entry yesterday and logged off the computer, I couldn't move. I kept telling myself I had to move, I had to get ready for work. That didn't help. I ended up calling in and taking a full day of vacation, then I went back to sleep for 3 hours. I woke up feeling much better.

Better enough to actually write without falling asleep sitting up. =8-O I added a 2 page prologue to the novella in the bad guy's POV. I figured it was the only way I was going to get his information in because there was just no way that Kimi or Nic could know some of this stuff. Then I wrote chapter 2. It wasn't easy and I fought it all the way, but I finished it. I now have 22 pages done out of 80. Of course, I have to reread both these pieces and see if they still work today, but I'm hopeful. Now I just have to figure out what the hell to do in chapter 3. :-(

In other news, I upgraded my version of WordPerfect from 9 to X3 (13) and the new version arrived yesterday. After I was done writing for the day, I loaded it and took a look. It's much different than my old 9, so I won't be using it to write until after I finish my two June deadlines. Then I can play around with it and try to learn it. Plus I have my Quick Correct all set up in the old version to match me. The typos I make over and over, capitalizing all my character names, etc.

I think those are the only things of note that I have to say today. I stayed up a little too late last night, but I still had close to 8 hours of sleep. Now it's just a matter of waking up.