BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, September 29, 2006

Blinds, Curtains and Freeways

I got a call yesterday. They're going to install my blinds today! Yea!!! Probably, they're going to have to come back to install the hardware for the curtains, but I don't care. It's creeped me out to have a bare bedroom window. I'm still traumatized from a peeping tom incident when I was 7. I found out the next day it was the neighbor boys going around looking in everyone's window, but at the time, I looked up at the window, saw this face mashed against it and totally freaked out. I'm sure that's why I'm having such a huge problem with this naked window now even though I know it's really difficult for anyone to see in.

Anyway, I have to put things away that I'd normally leave out--like my laptop--so I really need to move this morning. So what do I do? Oversleep. Sigh.

While I'm talking about my house, I just want to say that asking the electrician to install a light above the shower was brilliant. Maybe one of the smartest decisions I made. If I hadn't, it would be pretty dim in there because of the position of the light fixture and the shower.

I hung my curtains that came in from Penney's and they're about an inch shorter than the ones I already have up. (I bought the extra panels because I liked the fuller look.) Sigh. How can two sets of 63" panels be two different lengths? This just boggles my mind. It's not like they have to guess how long to make the panels. I left them up for now, but I'll no doubt have to return those.

So tomorrow I have a book signing. I'll be at the Mall of America, Bloomington, MN at 7pm. Sears Court on the first level. Question and answer session (gulp), followed by the actual signing. Along with me will be Jennifer Crusie, Bob Mayer, Barbara Samuel, Kathleen Eagle, Michele Hauf, Judy Baer, and so many other authors my brain can't remember all their names. Especially at 4:53 in the morning. :-) But there will be a lot of Minnesota authors there so come on out if you're in the area.

In honor of the book signing, the MN Dept of Transportation has decided to close the freeway that I need to take to the mall. I'm trying to figure out an alternate route.

Today should be a truly fabulous day! I hope I'm right and I hope everyone else has a day as good as the one I plan on having! :-)