BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, September 08, 2006

Dark Awakening

My novella is now titled! Yea! My editor liked "Dark Awakening" the most out of the suggestions I sent him. Thank you, Joely! And now with revisions officially over, I'm finished with this project until galleys arrive.

I also uploaded my Shards of Crimson pages on my website last night, including an excerpt. I'd been planning to wait until October 1st, but I decided I don't know if I'm going to have time then to mess with the site. I've still got revisions for In the Midnight Hour coming and I have a book due in less than 4 months. Since it seemed like a better idea to get the Shards Pages up now, I went ahead and did that.

The revised and final cover is up on my website too. I emailed to ask for that and got it promptly, but I was at work and I wanted to see it. It wouldn't open on my computer and I'm guessing it's because of the file size. I tried downloading it, got an error message. I tried emailing to my work address, it wouldn't open. I tried emailing it to my gmail account and I was able to see a miniature of the cover--in blue. I was like, huh? Did they change the color of the cover? It seemed odd. I spent a lot of time goofing around with this, but nothing worked. I finally emailed it to my POS laptop email. (Yes, each computer has a its own email address.) It took forever to download on that slow connection, but I finally saw the cover and it was still red--just like I figured. :-)

I have to keep this note short this morning. I hit the snooze on the alarm and then slept really, really hard until 4:20 which not only left me cotton-headed, but really cuts into my morning time as well.