BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, October 07, 2006

It's All About the Glitter, Baby!

There is a wonderful article about romance books and their readers at: Desire Surges for Romance Novels! Romance seems to take a bashing so many times in the media, so when a positive, well-written article is posted, it's cool to share!

And yes, as you can tell from the title here, I've still been playing with glitter. Here's my latest effort. What do you think?


I'm getting faster at it, but that also makes me want to create more and more graphics. I can't, though--too much work to do.

So I promised a movie review. Underworld 2. I think the subtitle was Evolution, but I'm not sure and I already have the disk sealed up to go back to NetFlix. Um, I wasn't paying strict attention to the story since I was learning to make glitter fonts while it was on, but the gist of it is that one evil son of the first vampire is trying to free the other evil son and the key is the heroine because her father had built the prison hundreds of years earlier.

Overall, I liked the first Underworld more than this one. Underworld 2 was really gory and I'm pretty squeamish so that was a problem for me. The romance between the hybrid Michael and the Vampire played by Kate Beckinsale was pretty much non-existent, although there was a few moments while they were in bed together that were pretty good. :-) I'd have liked to have seen more of the relationship explored and less of the blood and guts.

My rating: 3 stars
I liked it, but didn't get all excited the way I did about Underworld 1.
Next up on my NetFlix queue is Transporter. Heaven only knows when I'll get around to watching that after it arrives. :-)

My phone line was finally switched over to the buried cable yesterday, believe it or not! Considering the length of time that thing sat in the yard, I was thinking it would still be there next spring after the snow melted. ;-) Now the cable company just needs to get theirs taken care of.