BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, March 09, 2007

Back Up and Reverse

At the EDJ (Evil Day Job), I've been helping another department out by filing manual revisions for them. It's not the most exciting job in the world, but it's made even more frustrating by the condition of the pages that need to be put in the binders. Yesterday alone, I had pages with the holes on the wrong side, pages with no holes at all, 11x17 pages that were folded so the holes were covered up, folded so they were all in one big lump, and folded like one, big letter so that the information on the page couldn't be seen. When I finally had the revisions in order, I grab the manual and find that it's been filed incorrectly for years and years. I don't know how anyone used it, and what should have been a quick little job, has now become a major undertaking since I have to fix everything.

The big excitement, though, for yesterday was that my glass nail files arrived! Now, I officially have a back up file, a file for my purse and a third, big file. You know that it's vital to have back-ups for things you love. I can't tell you how many times I found something that worked for me, and when I needed to replace it, that item was no longer sold. Anywhere. The problem comes in when it takes a while to realize how necessary something has become to your life. :-) This happens to me all the time with shoes, but I never know how much I like a pair of shoes until it's too late to buy a back-up pair.

There's not much else going on. Yesterday I posted that I didn't have to cut much of what I wrote on Tuesday, but last night, I did cut a lot of what I wrote on Wednesday and started over. Frustrating, but I think the changes work better than what I had.

And I'm still overwhelmed with stuff to do. I owe emails and comments to a ton of people. I hope I still have friends by the time I finish the book from hell.