BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Totals and Then Some

Snow fall totals for my city: 18 inches. Previous storm snow fall total: 10 inches. Amount of snow that fell in one week at my house: 28 inches. Amount of snow for November 2006-February 23rd: 12 inches.

A week ago yesterday, there were large expanses of bare grass. Every day more was melting because the sun is so high in the sky. Then the two storms rolled through. I went out last night and tried to take pictures for the blog. The snow is over my knees. Sigh. You'll notice there are no pictures with today's post. That's because I couldn't get any good shots and I wasn't willing to slog through more snow to get a good angle.

What's really funny is that I'm getting itchy to put plants in my yard. I find this amusing for two reasons: 1. The snow and cold weather. 2. Me? Garden? LOL! When I was a kid, my parents used to have several huge gardens and we had to constantly weed and water those damn plants. Ever since then, any kind of outdoor garden has been something unappealing to me. Maybe it's just spring fever and will pass by the time it's actually warm enough to do something.

Do y'all remember me talking about my glass nail file that I bought at the Woman's Expo and absolutely loved? I've wanted to buy another, but I couldn't find one I was willing to buy. If the price was good, the site was unknown to me and I was unwilling to give my credit card number to them. The sites I did know were charging $12 for one plus shipping and handling and I wasn't willing to pay that. (My file cost $10.) I finally, finally found a set of 3 for $20 plus shipping from QVC and I ordered them. I'll have one big file, one travel size and one the same size as what I have now. The best thing about these files is that they never wear out! I've had mine for over a year now and it still works as great as it did day 1. With these extras, I'll now be able to leave them in strategic locations (like my purse!) and have one handy if I break a nail.

The Fashion Police were talking about the Oscars and mentioned that Cameron Diaz wore emerald and diamond earrings worth $1 million. Gulp. Can you imagine wearing something that expensive? I'd be worried all night that I'd lose one. I had a pair of really cute earrings that cost $50 and when I lost the special back to one of them, I spent a half hour combing the office in a panic because those earrings were so expensive! LOL!