BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Two-Fifths of the Way

I made it through chapter 10 last night. Not much cutting here, but I needed to punch up a section with some emotion and I'm not sure I managed it or not. I'm fried enough that I'm having a hard time working up any emotion of my own which I think makes it tough to write it. :-) But I finished early enough last night to get to bed at a decent hour and caught 6 hours of sleep. Yea! ;-)

The plan is to get through chapter 15 tonight. The first scene in chapter 11 requires some thought. It starts in my bad guy's POV and I need to foreshadow something that comes later, but I'm not sure it's going to fit smoothly into this scene. The problem is that I hardly have any scenes in my demon's POV and if I don't foreshadow here, I'm pretty much in the thick of things the next time I'm in his head.

Non-writing stuff. Hmm. My missing bookmarks remain missing, so the printer had to redo them and they're supposed to arrive today. I'm lucky my dad is willing to handle this stuff for me. Not only do I loathe the phone with a passion, I just don't have time to talk to anyone right now.

My bamboo plant arrived yesterday, and of course, I didn't have anything to put it in because I never found time to shop for a planter. My dad brought one of my mom's small vases over for me, but it's still too big and the plant is leaning on a diagonal. :-) All I had to do, though, was put in a couple of inches of water and then add the plant, so about a 2 minute job.

I think my tree peony might maybe be looking a little better. When I went out to water it last night, I thought I saw some new growth. I'm still stymied on how much water to give it. I don't want to over water it, but on the other hand, I want to make sure I give it enough. The instructions don't address quantity. Don't they know there are people like me out here who need that level of help???