BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, June 11, 2007

Sometimes I Scare Myself

My table and the snack bar on my center island are covered with bookmarks, papers, and assorted other items for my promo mail out. All this stuff has been there for a few days and it's bugging the heck out of me! I need to get moving so I can get it all out the door and in the mail--except that I had a "brainstorm" yesterday. Sigh.

I didn't have enough #10 envelopes for the mailing, and instead of getting in the car and heading to the office supply story, I get a "brilliant" idea. Why don't I make my own envelopes?

It seemed so logical. I have the templates and tons of extra scrapbook paper. And how hard can it be, anyway?

As it turns out, not that hard except I needed about a hundred of these envelopes. :-( I cut and cut and cut. But that wasn't the time consuming part. Nope, the part that's taking forever is folding them and fastening the edges down. Some of my folding didn't turn out exactly right, although it's close. Others look perfect. I'm not even a quarter of the way through, yet.

I'm going to be spending many, many hours assembling these envelopes. What was I thinking?

The really sad thing is that it's now become a challenge, something I'm going to see through to the end or die trying. What the hell is wrong with me?

I wonder if the people who receive my handcrafted envelopes will think, "wow, this is really cool" or "what's up with this chick using this weird paper?" It's not really businesslike, I guess, but do you think readers and/or booksellers will be put off by striped or flowered or colored paper?

I guess if I get revisions this week, though, that I will be dropping the envelope project and heading to Office Max. :-/ It's a matter of priorities and using my time wisely.