BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Stop the Excitement!

I think I've mentioned before that I need to stop complaining about how boring my life is because I don't like it when it gets exciting. Yesterday was one of those times.

I stopped by my parents' house after work and my dad says that his hand is tingling, and because he hasn't heard back from his doctor's office, he's going to the emergency room. Instant stress. I drove him and my mom to the hospital and I'm worried the whole time that he's having a heart attack. He was worried he was having a stroke. And we had to wait before they took him in and checked his blood pressure, pulse, etc.

Then more waiting before they took him in for a CAT scan, then more waiting to see the doctor to get the results. Really, really, really a lot of waiting. Even when they called him back to a room, the waiting wasn't over. They wanted more tests and that took another 2 hours worth of time. In total, we spent 6 hours in the emergency room last night.

My dad is fine. They think it's just a pinched nerve, thank God. He has a follow up appointment with his own doctor next week just to be safe, but it sounds like all is well.

Because I didn't get home until late last night and then it took me quite a while to relax enough to sleep, I didn't hear the alarm this morning. :-( I woke up ten minutes before I had to be out the door. I took the fastest shower ever and I did make it to the Evil Day Job (EDJ) on time, but I didn't have a chance to check the web or read email, let alone answer anyone.

So, please bear with me. I'll get to all the notes and comments before I go to bed tonight, but I'm running behind in a lot of areas right now.