BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, July 27, 2007

Technology

Yesterday was my day for computer issues and this put me even farther behind on things. It started out with my antivirus software. It was on the verge of expiring so I figured I'd just take care of that real quick. What was I thinking? Quick? On whose planet?

First of all, I couldn't get in on Firefox, I had to switch to IE. Then the upgrade to the 2007 version is the same cost as the renewal fee. Hey, I have high speed internet, I might as well go to 2007. It downloaded fast enough, but installing it was another matter. That took forever and required babysitting on my part. :-(

My next challenge was updating my website. I've been trying to do it since Monday and I still couldn't get it to transfer. I emailed the company who hosts my site and he was supposed to have fixed it, only I'd get one page over and then I'd get the error message again. I was planning to email them back, but it was getting late and I was tired. I attempted the upload again this morning and everything worked. I don't know what the problem was.

Doesn't sound like too much, does it? To me either, but it ate up most of my evening. :-( Very frustrating. But as of right now, my computer is protected and my website is updated, so I guess all's well that ends well.