BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, December 17, 2007

Planet Earth

Discovery Channel did an all day marathon of episodes of Planet Earth on Sunday and I totally became addicted. In case you're unfamiliar with it, this is a series that looks at different aspects of our planet, one hour per aspect. Some of the programs covered the deep ocean, the deserts, the antarctic/arctic, the forests, the plains, etc. The photography was stunning and the entire thing was fascinating. They also were able to film things that no one had filmed before and were allowed in places where few are ever permitted to go in order to film. If you haven't seen this before, definitely watch for this to be rerun. It's worth it.

And just so you don't think I was totally worthless this weekend, I was working on galleys while I watched. Fortunately, it's a left-brained activity, and when I did need to focus more intently, I just muted the television. I've got another 65 pages to go to finish my first read through.

I worked my tail off on Saturday. I spent the day unpacking all the boxes in my spare bedroom. Okay, so it's been a year and a half since I moved in--I just hadn't gotten around to it. :-) I'm such a geek that I keep standing in the doorway and staring at my nice, clean room. The only thing left to do in there is to organize all my scrapbook supplies, but that's a job for another day. That leaves the office as the last room that needs to be set up. That's just going to be ugly. No doubt about it.