BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, March 24, 2008

Extra, Extra, Read All About It

Sorry, the blog title is as clever as I can manage on the amount of sleep I had last night. :-)

This is going to be kind of a newsy post today since I've had a pretty exciting couple of days.

First on the list is that In the Midnight Hour is a finalist for Best Paranormal in the Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence!

Every author has a book that's a little more special to them than the others and Midnight Hour is one of those stories for me. And I'll totally deny I ever said this if any of the characters from other books ask! I guess I'm lucky to have more than one title that I would call the book of my heart.

Second, I received my first review for In Twilight's Shadow this morning and it's a great one! This is from Detra Fitch at Huntress Reviews:


"The story is so well written that Maia's anguish and despair seemed to dance on my nerves, making this a compulsive page-turner."

This is my first review for Twilight and it's always a nervous moment to see what people think of the latest baby. I was thrilled to read this and now I can relax--a little bit. :-)

And so concludes the exciting news portion of this blog. :-)

Last night I was nearly done with the chapter I was working on--within spitting distance--and I vowed that I would not go to bed until I finished it. I was getting tired, but I persevered, and I did finish it. At 10:39 at night. That's really late since the alarm goes off at 4am for the Evil Day Job (EDJ).

Of course, I didn't fall asleep right away. I was too busy running scenarios through my head for the next chapter and wondering if it would be too much talking in back to back chapters if I went with Idea A.

Maybe that's why I had the weird dreams all night that continually woke me up. The only one I remember had writing people in it--not characters, I mean people in the business. I might not have known any of them, but I knew what they did. Dreams are funny that way.

So other than the fab review, it's been a rough morning for me. I couldn't get out of bed, was running late for work, and barely punched in on time. At least I haven't had to resort to the second cup of coffee. Yet.