BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm On Deadline

I'm off from work this week to focus on my writing.  The days are passing too fast, that's for darn sure and all of a sudden, I realize it's blog day.  Oops.  I've been immersed to the point that anything that takes up my time that isn't my story is annoying me and I rush through whatever it is as fast as I can.  Guess how short this blog post is going to be.  ;-)

I went no mail on pretty much all my email loops.  I've got a ton of notes I need to answer; they're sitting in my inbox, making me feel guilty, but I doubt anyone is getting a reply until next week.

I'm trying to get 8 hours of sleep just because it keeps my brain sharper for writing, but if I could last longer without sleeping, I'd cut that down, too.

I do try to take breaks late in the afternoon.  I've walked down to my garden and taken a half hour to just look at my flowers and enjoy them.  It's not as much fun as it should be because I'm wearing a sweatshirt and a jacket and it's nearly June!  But I'm doing it because I know I need the time away from the computer.  Not the story, the laptop.

I know other writers who get like this, so I know I'm not alone.  Maybe if I didn't have to take vacation from the Evil Day Job to work, it wouldn't be so intense when I do.  Anyway, I won't be blogging on Friday because I'm on deadline.  :-)