BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's Wednesday? Wow.

I forgot it was Wednesday. Really.

It has been a busy week so far and shows no signs of letting up any time soon. I'm beginning to get a new appreciation of how much my dad took care of for me now that he's laid up. For example, tonight after work I have to go to the post office and mail out some stuff. That's something my dad has always done for me in the past. It might not seem like a big deal, but it gets to be when it's added to an already over-full schedule.

Enough about that. The big news is that on Monday I found out that someone broke into the house next to my parents' place by kicking in the front door! Gah! Apparently, nothing was stolen, but that raises more worries than it quiets. Why didn't they take anything?

On the good news front, my anthology story, Dark Awakening in Shards of Crimson, is a More Than Magic finalist for Best Novella! Yea! This is Kimi and Nic's story and my first attempt at writing short, so it's nice to have validation that I did all right.

This weekend, despite the fact that I don't have time to do it, I have bulbs to plant in my garden. They arrived--believe it or not--on the same day my dad had surgery and have been sitting in the refrigerator ever since. I also realized that the replacement plants for the ones that didn't make it last year should be arriving very soon, too. With a little luck, they'll come this week so I can do it all at once and get it all done.

My garden is actually greening up nicely! Lots of leaves up for different flowers. I took pictures with the intention of posting one, but like I said, I forgot it was Wednesday, so I'm writing this at work and my pictures are still on the digital camera at home.