BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Killed Another One

When it comes to television shows, I have the worst luck in the world. Every single series that I become hooked on gets canceled. Every single one. It's one of the reasons why I so rarely watch episodic television any longer (and I loathe "reality" television). It's so much easier to simply watch baseball in summer or the Discovery Channel or Nat Geo or some other station that shows documentary type stuff. No getting hooked and being disappointed.

A few months ago, I lamented and moaned and groaned over the loss of My Own Worst Enemy. That show was edgy and clever and had so many wonderful possibilities that will never be explored. I'm still unhappy about that, but I consoled myself that at least the other show I was hooked on was still around.

Not for much longer.

I found out this week that ABC has canceled Life on Mars, a clever time travel about a cop who goes from 2008 to 1973. It was fun and the characters were good and it was so darn intriguing trying to figure out if he really time traveled or if he was in a coma in the hospital or if it was something else all together.

Well, that was that. Another one bites the dust. Last episode airs April 1st. I am totally the kiss of death for any series. Producers should pay me not to watch their shows. Seriously. The ones I wish would go away and never come back ("reality" shows) stay around forever. (And let me add my personal plea here. Please, America, stop watching "reality" shows. I'm begging you.)

This is it for me. I'm not investing myself in any more series. I'll just rent DVDs from Netflix and watch baseball and the Discovery Channel. No more disappointments that way. Sigh.