BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 12, 2009

News, News, Coffee!

To start with the most exciting news first, In Twilight's Shadow is a finalist for Best Paranormal in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence! Happy dog dancing on this one!

Next exciting bit of news is that I have the cover for The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2. I'll have a story in the collection called Blood Feud and I had so much fun writing it! Maybe because it's such a different length for me. I've never written anything this short before in my life! The heroine is Isobel and she's the vampire, so I was really glad to see a female vampire on the cover. The hero is Seere and he's a demon.

Release date in the US is Halloween and it's up for pre-order on Amazon.



That's all my news for today. To move on to the next subject in the title, I started grinding coffee beans today. I'd gotten a "deal" on some pretty expensive coffee, and although I'd been warned to only grind about a week's worth at a time, I decided not to. It's so darn messy that I wanted to grind everything and get it over with. I made it through 3 of the 5 twelve ounce bags. Ugh!

I could never work in a coffee shop, not if I had to grind coffee and smell it. I like the smell of coffee someone else has ground, but this just left me nauseated. Right now I don't even feel like getting my coffee pot ready to brew tomorrow's pot and that's like a fish not feeling like swimming. It just doesn't happen. :-) So my plan is not to grind any more for a while until I can stand the thought of smelling that again. And I am never, ever buying beans that I have to grind myself, not even if the price is good. This is torturous!