BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Random

I couldn't come up with a topic to blog about and so I thought, hey, I'll do a random website generator and blog about whatever turns up. The first site I ended up on sold sex toys. I decided to try again. The second attempt was a bit more conducive to blogging.

Site two was Dubtown Urban Exploring. The site is in German, and while I did take that language in high school and college, I've lost a lot of my skills, so I had to rely on Google translator. Not the most accurate thing ever, but enough so that I could understand what I was looking at. This site has some hugely interesting photos of abandoned buildings. One of them is a sanatorium that was built in 1899 and its in great disrepair. It's also hugely fascinating to me.

A lot of my stories take place in derelict buildings and warehouses. The images are wonderful for getting the imagination firing. I've also spent the past couple of days thinking about a story that I'd planned to work on months ago, but got sidetracked by other things. This site will definitely be perfect for inspiration on that front, too.

The other thing that struck me is that it would be pretty cool to take a camera and go out exploring like this person did. It just shows that anything can be art. I've bookmarked the site to return to in the future.